Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Ice Skating, Singapore

Ice Skating 

Location: 2 Jurong East Central 1, Level 3 JCube

How to get there:
- Take the green line MRT heading to Joo Koon
- Alight at Jurong MRT, make your way to the escalators and cross the pedestrian lane which is a few metres away from the bus interchange. 
Vacation Checklist:
- thick socks
-bonnet
-gloves or if you're on a tight budget bring along your kitchen pot holders
-shock proof camera
-a pretty big, dracula laugh, this comes in handy everytime you fall

Optional: sofa foam for butt protection 




I was surfing the Internet on a fine sunny day when i passed by this icy groupon activity. A two hour ice skating activity for only S$10. I know this promo only comes in a while unless you're always checking out the website. I invited my friends , they agreed and I bought the ice skating voucher on that very fine sunny day. 

I've never tried ice skating but I've always wanted to. Now was my chance to tick one of my bucket list. I was really excited and the thought of the moment makes me shiver. I literally shivered in the ice skating ring. It was my fault thou i wore a sleeveless top not knowing enough that my thick scarf will not be enough as my heat insulation. However, I learned that a simple technique of moving continuously around the skating ring will keep you warm. The cold feeling of having frost bite only lasted for a short time, once I've adjusted to skating around I've felt warm and comfortable. 


The Groupon voucher I've purchased included the skate rental, excluding gloves and socks. Good thing we came prepared with our pair of socks or else we have to purchased one there. Lockers are available to keep your belongings safe.  We went for the Saturday Disco Night from 9.45pm till 11.45pm. After our ice skating activity a group of ice hockey players were warming for a game.



Ice Skating Schedule
Mon and Wed: 
10.30am - 12.30pm le
12.45pm - 2.45pm 
3.00pm - 5.00pm 
Tue:
10.30am - 12.30pm 
12.45pm - 2.45pm 
3.00pm - 5.00pm 
5.15pm - 7.15pm
Thur:
10.30am - 12.30pm 
12.45pm - 2.45pm 
3.00pm - 5.00pm 
5.15pm - 7.15pm
7.30pm - 9.30pm
Fri:
10.30am - 12.30pm 
12.45pm - 2.45pm 
3.00pm - 5.00pm 
5.15pm - 7.15pm 
7.30pm - 9.30pm 
9.45pm - 11.45pm


Visit www.therink.sg/public-skating-sessions for latest schedule information.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.