Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Danao Adventure Park Bohol, Philippines

A once in a Lifetime experience
OR maybe not,thinking of doing it again.



How to get there: Cebu to Tagbilaran City, Bohol via land travel
Cebu Port: Pier 4 ,a jeepney ride or taxi will take you there and a few minutes away from SM Cebu City.
Ferry ticket: 800-1,000 php
Terminal Fee: 25 php
Travel time: 1.5-2 hours

E.A.T Danao Adventure Park also known as Eco, Educational, Extreme Adventure Tour. An adventure you don't want to miss located at the municipality of Danao in the beautiful province of Bohol, Philippines. The park is located at Barangay Magtangtang and around 72 km. away from Tagbilaran City, which is the capital of Bohol.


I've always dream of doing bungee jumping, when we were still planning our Bohol trip I always have this exciting twinge in my abdomen. Whenever I think about how close I am for that bungee jump the feeling comes alive and immediately I have this weird grin in my face. I've heard about Danao 3 years ago about its adventure park. It was always planned on text with my friends but this time it's different story.

Beforehand I asked our tour guide if we can rent a van going to Danao, he offered 4,000 php back in forth to Danao and back to Tagbilaran City. It's quite fair because if you take the v-hire fare is around 100 php; multiply with 14 passenger’s total amount of 1400 then vice-versa going back to the city, 2,800 php with a service charge of 1,200 php. However for me it's too much, so I asked the locals from out pension house for the terminal location and fares. If you want a lesser amount then do it the traveler’s way.

From Tagbilaran City ride the tricycle/jeepney and head straight to DaO Terminal it's near the Island City Mall.


Bus Fare: 60 php, 6am, hourly Bus service
V-hire Fare: 100 php, 11:30 am, hourly Van service

Bus travel: 2-3 hours
V-hire travel: 1-2 hours

If you take the bus expect a longer duration of travel there will be more stopovers from different municipalities considering the amount of passengers as well. We preferred the van because we took a lot of time in our breakfast meal at the pension house we took the 11:30 V-hire. When you reached the Danao Terminal you will then take a motorcycle ride also known as 'habal-habal', a 30 minutes ride. On the other hand you can actually ask the driver to take you to E.A.T Danao Adventure Park and that's what we did. He only made us pay an additional 20 php so that made our one-fare of 120 php.

It's really a good thing to build rapport with your driver unless you're staying overnight it's better to have a service van to pick you up afterwards your activities. Same deal and fare he scheduled to pick us up around 3pm plus. Budget fare sum up from Tagbilaran to the Danao Adventure Park two-way fare we only spend 240php each compared to 800php each for the rented van-that's what we call savings man! Hooray!

We arrived before 2pm so we only have a limited time, if you're planning to do all the activities in the park be there in the bus terminal before 6am to catch the first bus service. In our case we only planned to do the plunge that includes me, my friend and two brothers while my mum was doing the zip-line.

Park Entrance Fee includes terminal fee: 25 php
Plunge- 700 php
Zip/Suislide- 350 php


The guys at the Plunge activity was really accommodating and funny too, which made us more relax if that evens apply to the feeling of fear management. I was the first one to go wait let me rephrase that I volunteered to go first I must be crazy-yes I am. 


This time the feeling was different compared to all my zip-line experience, maybe because it's more extreme and double dose life-threatening factor. When I step on the flat form it wasn't fear anymore my heart was pounding for a different reason. I'm still nervous of course it's a normal human defense mechanism when you know that anything can happen that might lose your human body in the process. I've anticipated this feeling way before we arrived in Bohol and maybe because of that my brain has absorbed the fear.

Reminders: When you step on the flat form make sure you have your harness attached right away at your back. The staff will be there to assist you but it's better to have the heads-up. It's normal to have limped knees and thundering heart beats, a prerequisite factor so when you fall all your worries goes away. Let the adrenaline take over and shout your lungs out all throughout the trip.

Hold on! Say your last prayer!


 Last Will should be made before trying out this activity, we were teasing each other so before my friend and brothers go I've asked for their priced possessions. Once the cable let go a few seconds of your life pauses, sweet silence then bumps away you go down and bouncing! That's when the Adrenaline starts pumping and you can shout your heart out.


You'll be hanging like a pendulum, survival instinct will tell you to hold on tight, but let it go and feel the wind. When you have already survived the free fall it's time to head back to reality, snap! there goes gravity. The guy will throw down a rope which then you catch and attached to your harness, bare in mind to attached it properly.



I was off my way to the Zip-Line and forgot to take some shots, good thing my brother was able to get this pictures while me and my mom tried the Suislide. I got a free zip-line ride! weehoo! I don't know if I'm suppose to share that, but I guessed it was my Lucky Day! and actually it was my Birthday celebration trip as well- so thank you guys! A memorable experience day it is, yes indeed.


Check out other Bohol Tourist spots:

Chocolate Hills, Carmen, Entrance Fee: 50 php
Man-Made Forest, Bilar, Entrance Fee: Free
Tarsier Encounter, Entrance Fee: 50 php
Butterfly Conservation Center, Entrance Fee: 50 php
River Cruise w/ Buffet Lunch and Harana, Entrance Fee: 50 + 350 (buffet)= 400 php
- Ati Tribe Entrance Fee: Free, but they'll appreciate tips/donations
Baclayon Church & Museum, Baclayon, Entrance Fee: 25 php (for museum)
Blood Compact Site, Tagbilaran City, Entrance Fee: Free
• Python Sanctuary, Albur, Entrance Fee: 10 php
E.A.T Danao Adventure Park
Panglao Island 
Panglao Island -Dumaluan Beach Resort -Book Resort Here

3 comments:

  1. If you are a bit hesitant to hire bohol car rental services, just send us a message or give us a call, and we will answer all your questions. You can use our easy contact form or email us directly at tours@wowboholtours.com. You may also call or text us at 09399192390. Look for Nathaniel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becca,

      The next time people ask me for car rental services in Bohol I'll make sure to refer your contact details then.

      Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. I guess its better you explore Bohol by Motors! Its COOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.